24.2.13

Thank you

Sunday, 24 February 2660 - Cambridge, UK

I know I usually blog about things I’ve discovered in my travels, but this blog I would like to do something different. I would like to write about you.

As much as I love my work, it can get very lonely out in the Field. I’m really not allowed to get too close to anyone in the past least I influence them in some way. Think about it, how have your friends influenced you over the years? My impact on another human being could distort history in some way.

For nearly four years now I have been using TimeTweets to communicate with you folks back in the 27th century. You have given me someone to talk to, besides Samantha, my teapot, on those cold lonely nights. I treasure every tweet you send me, letting me know I’m not alone.

Unfortunately TimeTweets is still in the experimental stage, even after four years. The Institute of Time Travel is so conservative. It took them six years to decide what color to paint their walls. They went with grey again. It will be nice when they finally decide that TimeTweets is safe so other Temporal Anthropologists can use it. Maybe some day.

In the mean time I am the only one fortunate enough to be able to Tweet from the Field. I think it would be unbearably lonely were the Enforcers to pull the program from me. Let’s hope that day never comes.

In closing I would just like to say thank you to all of you for your continuing support and friendship. You have become a part of my life.

And always remember, tea is excellent for time paradoxes.


3 comments:

  1. Dr Howe, it's been a pleasure to read about your adventures and discoveries.

    If you ever need help when you're within my permitted time period in persuading Temporal Customs to let you through with a few 'keepsakes' let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Howe, you have become a wonderful part of *our* lives, too! Thank YOU. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Due to bots sticking ads into the comments I am now forced to moderate. Differing opinions are welcomed. This is history, which is the surviving written record, which may or may not be accurate. I will even allow comments pushing other books or websites as long as they are relevant.